Motivate, inspire and engage your team with a speaking engagement by CourtSide® Consulting.
Meet Our Speaker
Courtney Berg, CourtSide® founder and renowned national speaker, combines more than 30 years of HR and operations experience with humor to deliver a program that will educate and inspire your employees. Courtney conveys complex HR and employment concepts in an easy-to-understand and engaging way that sparks interest and invokes the audiences' full attention. Whether you are a companyof 5 or 500, your employees will leave a session with Courtney with new energy for their roles because she has not only entertained them but also armed them with practical HR solutions they can implement right away.
Courtney's extensive and varied experience makes her exceptionally qualified to help you tackle any problem. From working in a family owned furniture store to running a one person HR department for a 350 employee company, Courtney has seen it all. She has worked to develop practical HR systems in small businesses around the country and wants to share her expertise with you.
When you team up with CourtSide® Consulting for a speaking engagement, you get more than just a static presentation. In addition to an engaging and informative program with practical solutions to your everyday business problems, your team will also receive:
- FREE copies of her book, Enjoy the Ride: What My Bike Taught Me About Managing People.
- 60 minute private consultation to get Courtney's insights on your toughest HR issues.
- Tools that can be put to use immediately upon return to business.
- 100% money back guarantee.
Courtney is a sought-after national speaker. When polled in speaker evaluations, 99 percent of respondents said they wanted Courtney to speak again at their conference or meeting. Whether your event is a national association meeting, a small business organization meeting, a corporate event or a civic business forum, Courtney can deliver a program that will be relevant and compelling to your audience.
Debra Hepler, a non-profit director, bought Enjoy The Ride for her management team. Through the tools in the book, her team is able to effectively hire the right people for the right jobs at the right time.
“Courtney is a master at presentation and facilitation. She brings humor and insight to the challenges of business ownership and management of human resources. Through her speaking presence and well-organized content, she keeps the audience engaged and motivated. Courtney's presentations are well paced, her messages are clear, and she gives the audience practical tools that can be immediately applied. I highly recommend Courtney as a presenter who represents professionalism in every aspect of the word.”
-Caroline Hanna, Consultant, Denver Metro SBDC
HR Speaking Engagements
In 2018, renowned HR speaker is bringing three incredible sessions guaranteed to provide the tools needed to solve your HR problems. Each speaking engagement is customized to the business and industry, but focuses on key areas for strategic improvement.
The 5 Keys to Building Teamwork and Trust
Trusting your team members to get things done and make wise decisions is imperative to the success of the Practice. Building that trust takes time. Teams must support each other as they create a work environment that fosters autonomy, responsibility, honesty, and respect. Courtney takes boring HR concepts, adds humor and practical experience to bring you the information you will use the minute you leave the room.
After this seminar, you will know how to:
- Improve communication within the team
- Appreciate the differences of the team members
- Hold team members accountable for their performance
- Work with the team to solve problems
- Create an atmosphere of success for each team member
Improve Customer Satisfaction Through Your Staff’s Exceptional Performance
Customers know what they want. They have many choices and you want them to enjoy your company so much that they will tell their friends! Your staff is the key. How customers are treated by your staff can make or break the customer experience. Sometimes it is the smallest staff interaction that will be the difference between a customer being delighted or never returning at all. How you hire, train, manage and terminate your staff is paramount to your success. This seminar will provide you with easy-to-use tools to improve your staff’s performance and therefore your customers’ experience.
After this seminar, you will know:
- Some questions to ask in the interview to find the right staff member for your culture.
- The three keys to training your staff.
- How to communicate your expectations and hold your employees accountable.
- How to terminate employees without destroying their self-worth.
The Employee Life Cycle:
Time to hire an employee? What paperwork should you complete? How do you train them? What happens if you have to fire them? This seminar will provide you with a framework to improve hiring, firing and managing employees in your organization. You will learn all the steps in the employee life cycle:
- What to do before you hire someone,
- How to orient them to your company;
- How to effectively set expectations and manage their behavior
- How to discipline and terminate employees safely
After this seminar, you will:
- Receive checklists for hiring, firing, discipline and performance evaluation
- Learn to to identify necessary paperwork for employees in Colorado
- Understand steps of the employee life cycle